We have all heard the quote, “when the fun stops, stop!” but this is not the only thing that is meant when responsible gambling is mentioned. It seems that the responsibility is not only with the players but with the gambling organisation as well. They both have equal responsibility for keeping players safe whilst they gamble online. Players need to be aware of how dangerous it can be if addiction occurs towards gambling, whilst gambling organisations must continue to promoting fair gaming opportunities for every UK slots player.
Top Tips for Responsible Gambling
Being a responsible gambler is not always easy, especially when you are being pulled in to the game and it takes all of your focus. But taking note of the following top tips will help you to be able to develop a more responsible way of gambling whenever you choose to gamble online. Let’s look at the most helpful things for you to consider:
- Gameplay – Remember that you are playing a game so don’t get too heavily invested in either a financial or an emotional sense. If you cannot afford to lose the money you are betting, then do not risk playing with it at all. This is not a way of becoming a millionaire within a few clicks, it’s more likely to be a way of losing money.
- Influenced – Do not gamble when you are under the influence – this will sway your mental stability and judgement. Whether or not you have had a drink, you want to ensure that you are fully in control of your emotions if you are wanting to gamble. Don’t get too excited about winning but equally, don’t get too het up about losing either – both of these feelings will sway how you continue to play the game and this is not always a positive thing. Calm and control players are the most responsible sort of players.
- Love losing – There is only one thing more common than winning when you are an online gambler, and this is losing. This is an inevitable part of playing online gambling games but one that you should fully embrace and learn your lesson from.
- Gambling bankroll – If you need a certain amount of money in order to survive and get through to your next paycheque, then do not bet the last of what you have on gambling. This is completely irresponsible and will likely put you in to a difficult financially situation be it long or short term. The best thing to do is to save up a bit of money, depending on your budget, and then when you have a good amount for you, have fun gambling in a responsible way. When the money has gone from this bankroll, you finish gambling – end of story.
- Being disciplined – Being able to walk away from a game at any point is a sure way of knowing that you remain fully in control and are being a responsible gamer. If you cannot tear yourself away from your gambling then you know that you have lost your responsibility. This is not always the easiest of things to do, but either set yourself a time limit of play or a money limit. When either of these limits have been reached, stop playing to stay in control.
- Test yourself – If you have timetabled in to have an online gambling session and for some reason it got cancelled, how would that make you feel? If you were left in a very negative state, then this would be a definite sign that you had a problem with gambling. If you still remained positive, and your lack of potential gambling did not affect your day, then you have been responsibly gambling. Test yourself frequently just to make sure – addiction can creep up on anyone and you want to catch fast if it creeps up on you.
- Don’t be fooled – People who say that strategy-based games are not gambling are not being truthful to themselves and are likely not to be responsible players. If you get a sense of adrenaline rush when you are playing then you have every possibility of losing any control you may once have had. You might be intelligent, you might have a good strategy for playing whatever online gambling game is your choice, but do not be fooled into thinking that because you know what you are doing and because you have played it before, that you are not gambling – you are!
What To Do When Responsible Gambling Stops
Often, people with gambling addictions are able to recognise in themselves that they have an issue without anyone else needing to point it out to them. If this is the case for you then it is imperative that you seek the help that you need. You can do this by sourcing a local support group for gambling addiction. These are usually free and run by experts in this field, just like any city would have an NA or AA. Do not be ashamed to ask for help or to make the calls you need in order to get yourself help. You are not the only person who has been in the position and will not be the last. The most important thing is that you have recognised that you have a problem and have taken the first step towards getting the help you need. This, though a different aspect, is still part of being a responsible gambler.
Find Out More About Responsible Gambling
The UK has lots of impressive and very helpful resources to help gamblers to ensure that they are able to gamble responsibly as well as to help anyone and everyone to understand better as to what exactly responsible gambling means. If you would like to look into the art of responsible gambling further, then you can take a look at the following option to learn more:
- Be Gamble Aware site;
- Game Care site;
- The Gambling Commission of UK site.
The latter of these sites cleverly educates people as to the clear differences between responsible and irresponsible gambling which all gamblers should really take a look at. If you consider that you might love UK slot Games too much, then make sure that you have a look at these sites.